Mildred Jeanette Schomer
MILDRED JEANETTE SCHOMER
Funeral services for Mildred Jeanette Schomer, 81, Lawrence, will be at 11 a.m. today at Calvary Temple Assembly of God, Lawrence. Mrs. Schomer died Oct. 1, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born July 14, 1926, at Nevada, Mo., the daughter of Clyde Oscar and Zola (Smith) Collins. She graduated from Baldwin High School. She was a member of Calvary Temple Assembly of God Church.
She married Alfred John Schomer, Jr., Jan. 17, 1945, at Gallop, N.M. He died June 27, 2002.
Survivors include two daughters, Sharon Rhine, Lawrence, and Peggy Maynor, Frisco, Texas; one son, Larry, Lawrence; three brothers, Bill, Centropolis, Donald, Norton, and Bob, Mountain View, Mo.; three sisters, Sue Von Bargan, Baldwin City, Dorothy Spring, Williamsburg, and Joy Stafford, Walla Walla, Wash; 10 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
Two sisters, Francis Barkley and Betty Randal and one brother, James Collins, died earlier.
Burial will be at Oakwood Cemetery, Baldwin City. Memorials may be made to Calvary Temple Assembly of God and sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be sent to www.warrenmcelwain.com Subject: Schomer.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Man found guilty in Douglas State Fishing Lake aggravated robbery
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Young would-be robber's effort stymied by clerk's stare
- Police make 2nd arrest in robberies near K-State campus