Robert J. Jansen
ROBERT J. JANSEN
Funeral services for Robert J. "Bo" Jansen, 56, Baldwin City, were Saturday at the First United Methodist Church, Baldwin City. Mr. Jansen died Nov. 6, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
He was born March 15, 1951, at Wichita, the son of Bill and Mary (Siruta) Jansen. He graduated from Neodesha High School in 1969. He worked on a demolition crew specializing in oil refineries and grain elevators. He later worked for the U.S. Postal Service for 33 years. He currently worked at the Lenexa Post Office.
He married Susan Corbin Dec. 13, 1984. They moved to Baldwin City in 1985. He was a former member of the Good Shepard Lutheran Church, Lawrence, and was active with Douglas County 4-H groups.
Survivors include his wife, of the home; three daughters Christy Jansen, M.D., Wichita, Courtney Jansen, Lenexa, and Erin Marie Jansen, Baldwin City; a brother, Bill Jansen, Fredonia; four sisters, Debbie Walker, Jackie Salmon, Jennifer Encarenacion, all of Fredonia, Susan Jensen, Wichita; and three grandchildren.
His parents died earlier.
Burial was at Oakwood Cemetery, Baldwin City. Memorials may be made to the Erin Marie Jansen Education Fund and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, PO Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park