City’s comprehensive plan to be aired tonight
Baldwin City officials will unveil for the first time the city's new comprehensive plan at a meeting tonight that is expected to draw numerous leaders, including two of three Douglas County Commissioners.
The meeting is at 7 tonight at the Baldwin City Public Library as part of the Planning Commission's regularly scheduled meeting. In addition to the planners and commissioners, Baldwin City Council and comprehensive plan steering committee members are expected.
The plan won't be approved until next year and public comment on it is welcomed. The Planning Commission will also have a public hearing on the plan on Dec. 11. That's followed by a 20-day protest period before the council will vote on it in January.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- March 23 Baldwin Board of Education agenda
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly