Chloe Ellen Swadley
CHLOE ELLEN SWADLEY
Graveside services for Chloe Ellen (Paul) Swadley, 81, Lawrence, were Tuesday at Vinland Cemetery. Mrs. Swadley died May 20, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born March 29, 1926, at Waldron, Ark., the daughter of William D. and Pearl Bottoms Paul. She attended schools in Bradleyville, Mo.
She married Joe E. Swadley, Sept. 28, 1945. He died Aug. 4, 2004. She worked as a property manager in Lawrence and was employed at the University of Kansas as house manager at Ellsworth Hall retiring in 1991.
Survivors include a son Kenneth, Colorado Springs; two daughters, Linda Wiseman, Baldwin City, and Michelle French, Lawrence; two sisters, Juanita Herd, Bozeman, Mont., and Grace Mitchell, Springfield, Mo.; 12 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Her parents, husband and a brother, Dewey, died earlier.
Memorials may be made to the Chloe Ellen Swadley Memorial Fund, and sent in care of PO Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Key Baldwin City Hall staffer taking job as city administrator of Fairbury, Neb
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition