Memorial services for Mildred Dolores (Jackson) Clarridge, 80, Baldwin City, were Monday at Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Baldwin City. Graveside inurnment followed at Prairie City Cemetery, Baldwin City. Mrs. Clarridge died April 23, 2007 at her home.
She was born July 1, 1926, the daughter of Millard B. and Matilda J. (Henon) Jackson. She graduated from Baldwin High School in 1943. She graduated from Baker University with a Bachelor's degree and was a member of Alpha Chi Omega Sorority. She earned a Master's degree from the University of Kansas.
She married Glen Stecher Aug. 22, 1945. They divorced. She married Clifford Clarridge. They divorced.
She was a high school math teacher and counselor for the school districts of Ottawa, Wellsville, Osage City and Atchison. In later years she was a real estate broker in Lawrence. She was a member of the Lawrence United Methodist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Gary and Mark, both of Atchison; one brother, John Jackson, Baldwin City; one sister, Dorthea Jackson, Baldwin City, and five grandchildren.
Memorials may be made to the First United Methodist Church of Lawrence and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- New natural gas extractions plant operating in Kansas
- Delays in two sports venue projects prompt practice Baldwin Junior High/High school practice reshuffling
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases
- Baker Wetlands Discover Center to open soon
- Baldwin City Council authorizes nearly $3.3 million in sewer bonds