Easter egg hunt set
by Rainbow preschool
Rainbow Experience Preschool will host its annual Easter Egg Hunt from 10 a.m. to noon April 7 on the Baker University campus.
There will be games, raffles, the Easter Bunny, clowns, Ident-A-Kid and a silent auction. Egg hunts will begin at 11 a.m. and will be divided into age groups.
The event is sponsored by The Rainbow Experience Preschool, MidAmerica Bank and the Baldwin City Recreation Commission.
Ives UMW to have
second quarterly meeting
The second quarterly meeting of the executive committee of the Ives Chapel United Methodist Women will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Fellowship Hall.
Coal Creek Library
open for season
Coal Creek Library, Vinland, will be open from noon to 4 p.m. on Sundays through October. Coal Creek is the oldest subscription library in Kansas.
The library can be open by appointment by contacting Martha Smith, 594-3960.
Youth group holds
kid care night
Teens-N-Truth from Lighthouse Baptist Temple is sponsoring a TNT Kid Care Night Fundraiser from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday.
A freewill donation will be accepted. There will be adult supervision. Call the church for information, 594-4101.
beware of scams
The Better Business Bureau warns that senior citizens are being targeted by a variety of scams. They include:
1) Seniors who have recently lost a spouse are being asked for a payment on a non-existent loan or insurance policy. Do not pay without checking the authenticity of the bill.
2) Ads for "no-risk trial offers" for healthcare products can turn into a request for checking account numbers.
3) International lotteries that say you have won but you must pay a fee. Checks made out to the individual that when cashed enable the scam artist to withdraw all the money in the account.
4) Telemarketers fishing for personal information in order to steal identity.
5) Work-at-home schemes.
Before older parents become involved in any action that will cost money, encourage them to talk to someone they trust or call the BBB at (785) 232-0454.
Churches join for
Ives Chapel United Methodist Church and Clearfield United Methodist Church will have joint Maundy Thursday services beginning at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 5 at Ives Chapel.
Combined Good Friday services for Clearfield and Ives Chapel will be at 7 p.m. Friday, April 6 at Clearfield Church. Community members are welcome to attend both events.
More like this story
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Kansas State researches using drones to protect crops
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Baldwin Healtcare and Rehabilitation has new ownership