BHS boys nearly upset Piper, lose 41-39
TONGANOXIE -- The Baldwin High School boys' basketball team's season ended here Saturday night in a thrilling Class 4A sub-state championship game.
Baldwin climbed back from a seven-point deficit several times, but in the end fell short. BHS lost 41-39, despite a last-second shot by senior Blake Wieden.
The Bulldogs took advantage of late free throw misses by Piper, but were never able to take the lead.
Baldwin ended the season 17-6. There will be a story on the Bulldogs' sub-state run in Thursday's Signal.
More like this story
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report
- Douglas County departments show off new public works facility
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push