Letter to the Editor
To the Editor:
Now that the Chautauqua is over, we wish to thank the people that made the event successful.
Thanks first to Kansas Public Radio and the Kansas Humanities Council for providing financial and organizational support. We extend special thanks to Tracy Quillin, State Chautauqua Coordinator, and to Ann Birney and Joyce Thierer, leaders of the Youth Chautauqua. Thanks also to Baker University and the City of Baldwin City for their assistance.
We had a fantastic group of local volunteers. Thanks to Abbey Keiswetter, Diane Niehoff, Jim Niehoff, Ivan Huntoon, Bonnie Butell-Huntoon, Brenda Day, Susan Baker, Kevin Garber, Dorthea Jackson, and Linda Ballinger and the Red Hat Ladies. In addition, thanks to Three Sisters Inn, Hickory Creek BBQ, and Espress Yourself for catering the main presentations.
Lastly, thanks to all the people who attended the Chautauqua presentations. We are glad you were drawn to this event and hope you enjoyed the experience.
Tony Brown and Dave Hill
Baldwin City Chautauqua Coordinators
More like this story
- Two Baldwin City buildings placed on historic list
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Vinland Fair returns for 108th run Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England