Loretta Irene Glenn
LORETTA IRENE GLENN
Graveside services for Loretta Irene (Cirkel) Glenn, 93, Baldwin City, were Wednesday at Maude Cemetery, Cunningham. Mrs. Glenn died June 8, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence.
She was born Feb. 7, 1914, at Laverne, Okla., the daughter of Em and Lily Cirkel. She moved to Kansas in 1930 and was a graduate of Nashville High School.
She worked at the Parsons Ammunition Plant and the Parsons State Training School. After retiring she lived in Hutchinson, moving to Lawrence in 1979. She was a member of the First Baptist Church, Lawrence.
She married Earl Glenn June 6, 1934. He died in 1979.
Survivors include one son, Terry Glenn, Baldwin City; a daughter-in-law, Joni Glenn, Liberty, Mo.; eight grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren and five great-great-grandchildren.
One son, Bill, died in 1997.
Memorials may be made to the First Baptist Church, Lawrence, or the charity of the donor's choice and sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be made to www.warrenmcelwain.com. Subject: Glenn.
More like this story
- Baldwin school board makes needed budget adjustment for next school year
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools