B. Louise Hornberger
B. LOUISE HORNBERGER
Funeral services for B. Louise Hornberger, 86, Lawrence, were Friday at Trinity Lutheran Church, Lawrence. Mrs. Hornberger died July 17, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born May 25, 1921, at Lawrence, the daughter of Fred Moreland and Teresa Helen (Murphy) Baldwin. She graduated from Liberty Memorial High School in 1939 and attended Kansas University. She worked at a dry cleaners in Lawrence and then at Hallmark Cards for 18 years. After retiring she served as a nutrition specialist for Douglas County for five years and then as a site manager for six years. She also helped deliver meals.
She was a member of Worden United Methodist Church, Douglas County Extension Council, Extension Homemaker's Unit and was a 4-H leader with Worden Workers.
She married Fremont W. Hornberger Sept. 6, 1942, at Clinton. He died Sept. 12, 2006. Her parents and a sister, Lena Rose Baldwin, died earlier.
Survivors include two sons, Steve, Lawrence, and Bob, Claredon, Texas; a brother, Moreland Baldwin, Clinton; five grandchildren and four-great grandchildren.
Burial was at Clinton Cemetery. Memorials may be made to Douglas County 4-H Foundation and sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Box 1260, Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be sent to www.rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- CR 1955 intersection to reopen Thursday
- Baldwin City to make application for KDOT grant to improve safety at Eighth Street highway crossing
- Baldwin City to ask KDOT to upgrade crosswalk signal
- Baldwin City to seek KDOT funding for Eisenhower Street/US 56 intersection improvements
- Officials say work on Baldwin City entrances to be finished in time for Maple Leaf Festival