Ann S. Johnson
ANN S. JOHNSON
A memorial reception for Ann S. Johnson, 72, Baldwin City, will be from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence.
Mrs. Johnson was born Aug. 30, 1934, in Des Moines, Iowa, the daughter of Bert and Eunice "Babe" Tole Stofer.
She received a bachelor's degree from Barnard College in New York and a master's degree in anthropology from the University of Arizona. She moved to Lawrence in 1965.
Mrs. Johnson worked in the fields of anthropology and archeology in the Midwest and Southwest U.S. and in Mexico. She also worked as a textile artist at Hand & Eye Gallery in downtown Lawrence.
She married Alfred E. Johnson on Sept. 21, 1957, in Tucson, Ariz. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include her mother, Eunice Stofer, Peoria, Ariz.; two daughters, Jessica S. Johnson, College Park, Md., and Rebecca LaShier, Ridgley, Md.; a sister, Judith Fleming, Sun City, Ariz.; and two grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to Douglas County Hospice Care, sent in care of the funeral home.
Online condolences may be sent at www.rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas House committee delays review of Democrat's remarks
- Valuation notices sent out to Douglas County property owners
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park