Dorothy Mae Bethell
DOROTHY MAE BETHELL
Memorial services for Dorothy Mae "Dottie" Brecheisen Bethell, 68, Ottawa, were Friday at Dengel & Son Mortuary, Ottawa. Mrs. Bethell died July 10, 2007, at her home.
She was born Sept. 30, 1938, at Ottawa, the daughter of Ray and Oma (Geer) Brecheisen. She graduated from Wellsville High School in 1957. She worked as a paraprofessional for the Baldwin School District; house manager for C.O.F. and as a jailer for Franklin County Detention Center. She was a lifelong resident of Douglas and Franklin counties.
She married Steven Signaigo in 1992 at Ottawa. He survives.
Other survivors include a daughter, Oma Thompson, Ottawa; a stepson, Girard Signaigo, Ames, Iowa; a stepdaughter, Melinda Signaigo, Kansas City, and one grandson.
Her parents, one son and one granddaughter died earlier.
Her body was cremated. Memorials may be made to the Dottie Bethell Memorial Fund for funeral expenses and sent in care of Dengel & Son, Ottawa.
More like this story
- Baldwin boys, girls race away with league track titles
- Baldwin High track teams shine at Wellsville
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Baldwin High School students commited fans of Bulldogs