David A. Moreau
DAVID A. MOREAU
Services for David A. Moreau, 63, Baldwin City, will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Plymouth Congregational Church, Lawrence. Private family inurnment will be at Oak Hill Cemetery, Lawrence. Mr. Moreau died Jan. 23, 2007, at his home.
He was born March 3, 1943, in Lawrence, the son of Frederick and Jeanne McRae Moreau. He attended public schools in Lawrence, Tehran, Iran, and the Cornwell Academy in Great Barrington, Mass. He graduated from Lawrence High School in 1961 and received a Bachelor of Science in Education from Kansas University, with a major in English. He was self-employed as a property and investment manager. He previously was a pipefitter, hard-rock miner, high school English teacher and landscaper.
He married Karen Clary Oct. 15, 1977, in Greensburg. She survives of the home. Other survivors include two daughters, Andrea and Natalie Moreau, both of Lawrence, and a son, Nicholas Moreau, Baldwin City.
The family suggests memorials to the Lawrence Memorial Hospital Oncology Unit, sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be sent at www.warrenmcelwain.com, subject: Moreau.
More like this story
- State official to be director of Manhattan airport
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Legislative proposal focuses on open records enforcement
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts