Area woman injured in wreck near Vinland Elementary School
A Baldwin-City-area woman was injured Thursday in a one-vehicle rollover accident on an icy gravel road near Vinland.
The wreck, above, happened at 8:39 a.m. when driver Sherry Haskell, 36, lost control of the Ford SUV she was driving in the 700 section of East 1750 Road. After emergency workers freed Haskell from the vehicle, she was taken by ambulance to Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
According to witnesses, Haskell is a cook at Vinland Elementary School, where the accident occurred.
She was discharged later in the day.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission