Baldwin schools dismissed; BHS, Baker games postponed
All schools in the Baldwin district dismissed early Friday at 2:30 p.m., according to district officials. Afternoon kindergarten had been canceled and Friday night's high school basketball games against Santa Fe Trail were postponed.
Tom Mundinger, principal at Baldwin Elementary School Intermediate Center, said the kindergarten class for the afternoon wouldn't meet and that bus drivers were reporting icing. Mundinger also said Supt. Paul Dorathy drove the roads in the area to determine if classes would be dismissed early.
Gary Stevanus, athletic director at Baldwin High School, said Friday night's home basketball games against SFT have been postponed and a makeup date will be announced later.
Baker University's men's and women's basketball games on Saturday at Evangel University in Springfield, Mo., have been postponed because of the inclement weather. The games have been rescheduled for Monday at Evangel. The women's game will tip off at 4 p.m., followed by the men at 6 p.m.
Other area schools, such as Ottawa and Wellsville, have decided to let students out early today. The Signal will update the story online as more information becomes available.
More like this story
- Online survey finds academic achievement should be Baldwin school district's top priority
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee
- Kansas lawmakers seek data on school board members
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Wichita School District to use bus drivers as custodians