Othie Eugene Johnson
OTHIE EUGENE JOHNSON
Funeral services for Othie Eugene Johnson, 85, Eudora, were Saturday at Clearfield Church. Mr. Johnson died Jan. 3, 2007, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
He was born Oct. 19, 1921, at his home in rural Eudora, the son of Grover and Emma (Brecheisen) Johnson. He was a lifelong resident of the area and attended Clearfield schools. He worked on the farm and at Sunflower Ammunition Plant through World War II and again in the 1950s. He worked a short time at Kuhn International Dealership in Lawrence. He hauled gravel and raised cattle.
He married Bernice Carpenter Nov. 13, 1943. She died in 1998.
Survivors include his daughter, Beverly Johnson, Eudora; a son, Harold, Baldwin City; two grandchildren; one great-grandchild and nieces and nephews.
His parents, his wife, three sisters and two brothers died earlier.
Memorial contributions may be made to Clearfield United Methodist Church and sent in care of Wilson's, Box 486, Wellsville, KS 66092.
More like this story
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process
- CR 1955 intersection to reopen Thursday
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Baldwin City Council gives first nod to voluntary annexation
- Intersection of CR 1055 and North 600 Road to be closed today