Wreck near Paola kills Baldwin City man
PAOLA -- A 26-year-old Baldwin City man was killed in a two-vehicle accident northwest of here Tuesday night.
Eric Price was killed at about 6:30 p.m. on U.S. Highway 68 east of Osawatomie Road, according to the Miami County Sheriff's Office. Price was westbound in a van when he swerved to miss a dog and lost control of the vehicle, sheriff's officials said. Price's van slid across the highway and was hit on the passenger's side by an eastbound sports utility vehicle.
Price, a teacher and coach at Louisburg Middle School, had to be extricated from the van by rescue workers. He was flown to Overland Park Regional Medical Center where he died from his injuries.
The driver of the SUV also had to be extricated and taken by air ambulance to a Kansas City area hospital where he was in serious condition. No other information was available on the SUV driver. A woman and three children in the SUV were also injured, but no other information was available on them.
An obituary on Price is elsewhere on the Signal Web site.
More like this story
- U.S. Highway 59 closed north of Baldwin Junction because of accident
- Sheriff’s report: Alcohol contributed to Wednesday accident near Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Fatalities recorded to the east, west
- One killed in Baldwin Junction wreck
- Two transported to hospital after morning accident in Baldwin City