Baldwin High teacher arrested second time
A Baldwin High School teacher was arrested Sunday in connection with a domestic battery incident.
David Theis, 37, Lawrence, was arrested after throwing coffee in a woman's face, according to Lawrence police.
A police officer on civil standby accompanied Theis' former spouse to Theis' residence in the 3200 block of West 21st Street about 8:30 a.m. Sunday.
The woman went to drop off her children. The woman and Theis had an argument about photo equipment, police said. Theis followed the woman to her car, and after she tried to drive away, threw the coffee at her, according to a police affidavit.
Theis remains in Douglas County Jail on $1,000 bond.
A science teacher at BHS, Theis was arrested earlier this month in connection with a separate domestic battery incident.
Paul Dorathy, superintendent of the Baldwin City school district, could not be reached for comment Monday.
More like this story
- Baldwin wrestlers tune up for league meet two sweep at Osawatomie
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Baldwin High School wrestlers win 4th-straight league title
- Lawrence-Douglas County health department to host measles vaccination clinics
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election