Baldwin schools closed, games postponed by weather
Monday's wintry mix that brought ice before snow started falling, forced the cancellation of classes in the Baldwin School District Tuesday and postponement of tonight's Baldwin High School vs. Ottawa basketball games.
The decision to cancel classes was made around 5 a.m. Tuesday morning by Supt. Paul Dorathy. Roads in and around Baldwin City were icy and snow covered Tuesday morning.
Activities Director Gary Stevanus announced mid Tuesday morning that tonight's games against Ottawa have been postponed to Wednesday. Games start at 5 p.m. in the junior high and high school gyms. Because of scheduling conflicts, the freshmen boys will not play.
The snow is expected to let up Tuesday morning, although occasional flurries may happen in isolated areas, according to weather forecasters.
The Signal will update this story as additional information becomes available.
More like this story
- Baker Edition: New coaches join Wildcat staff
- Baldwin City Barracuda swim team successfully 'tests the waters'
- 11 seniors set to lead Baldwin High School football team's defense of league crown
- Improving Baldwin High School volleyball team now 2-0 in league
- Baldwin City pool regulars to see changes this season