Funeral services for C.L. "Rocky" Rockhold, 82, Arkansas City, were Jan. 23, 2007, at the Rindt-Erdman Funeral Home, Arkansas City. Burial was at Mount
Vernon Cemetery. Mr. Rockhold died Jan. 19, 2007, at Saint Francis Hospital, Wichita.
He was born April 14, 1924, in Douglas County, the son of E. Arthur and Francis J. (Tucker) Rockhold. He was educated in Ottawa.
He married Patricia Elam Dec. 31, 1955, at Newkirk. They lived in Arkansas City. He worked for Reedy Ford for many years as an auto and diesel mechanic. He was also a long distance driver. He was a member of the Hillcrest Bible Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Duane and Drexell, both of Arizona; two daughters, Christina Martin and Teresa Whitener, both of Arkansas City; one brother, Keith, Baldwin City; one sister, Ann Suddarth, Wellsville; eight grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
His parents and one son, Michael, died earlier.
Memorials may be made to the Harry Hynes Hospice and sent in care of Rindt-Erdman Funeral Home, Arkansas City. Online condolences may be made to www.rindt-erdman.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Baldwin High School musicans chill on State Honor Band experience
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary