Edith Mae Beatty
EDITH MAE BEATTY
Memorial services for Edith Mae (Flory) Beatty, 99, Baldwin City, will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the New Life Assembly of God, Baldwin City. Mrs. Beatty died Dec. 3, 2007, at Baldwin Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born Nov. 25, 1908, at Argonia, the daughter of Benjamin and Elizabeth (Kock) Flory. She graduated from Argonia High School.
She was employed at the University of Kansas for seven years as a cook, then at Vinland Grade School for six years.
She married Elmer Otis Beatty July 16, 1936, at Ottawa. He died Feb. 18, 1969.
She was a member of the Vinland United Methodist Church, United Methodist Women, New Life Assembly of God and the Extension Homemakers Unit.
Survivors include two sons, Marvin Cornelius, Baldwin City, and Jack Beatty, Rock Springs, Wyo.; one daughter, Mary Margaret Kilburn, Wellsville; one sister, Virginia Wempen, Wichita, and many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
A private inurnment will be later. Memorials may be made to New Life Assembly of God (Teen Challenge program) and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England