Gala, auction to benefit scholarship fund
A special occasion in the spring will serve as a fund-raiser to benefit Baker's alumni scholarship fund.
An Evening Under the Arbor Gala and Auction is planned for 6 p.m. April 19 at Westin Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo. Baker alumni and friends are invited to the black-tie event.
"The spring time will serve as a capstone celebration to our 150th birthday for alumni and friends," said Lindsay Ferrell, assistant director of development. "We wanted to do something meaningful for our past and current students. We're hoping alumni all over the country will attend this event."
The silent and live auction will include items such as a trip to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, tickets to pro sporting events and golf getaway trips.
"Our goal for the event is to raise $100,000," said Ferrell, who plans to have 50 items available at the auction. "We also will rely on table sponsorships to generate some revenue."
Ferrell, a 2003 Baker graduate, said alumni had been responsive to the event.
"It's been a lot of fun working with alumni," she said. "I think it's going to be unlike anything else we've ever done here."
For more information on the gala and auction, contact Ferrell at (785) 594-7866 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Baldwin City Council candidates state views, define themselves at forum
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England