Patrick Robert David Gates
Funeral services for Patrick Robert David Gates, 61, Baldwin City, were Tuesday at Warren-MeElwain Mortuary, Lawrence. Mr. Gates died Aug. 5, 2007, at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
He was born Jan. 19, 1946, at Paris, France, the son of Melvin and Terese (Ceppe) Gates. He was an electrician and had worked for FMC for 25 years and was a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union No. 226, Topeka. He was working at Target Distribution Center, Topeka.
He was a Viet Nam War Veteran and served in the United States Navy.
He married Betty May Corkill Nov. 26, 1968, in Valley Center. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include his mother, Terese Gates, Wichita, and one brother, David Gates, Tucson, Ariz.
Burial was at Stoney Point Cemetery in Douglas County.
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Valuation notices sent out to Douglas County property owners
- PAC available for Baldwin City community tornado shelter but users asked to follow rules
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary