Torando sirens sound in Baldwin City
Tornado sirens started sounding at 4:55 p.m., but were quickly turned off. A funnel cloud was reportedly sighted near Baldwin City prior to that. A funnel cloud was sited near the Baldwin Junction and headed east. However, the funnel returned to the cloud, according to witnesses.
According to the Douglas County dispatcher, funnel clouds were spotted near Pleasant Grove and Baldwin City. According to the Baldwin City Police Department, officers are watching for the cloud. A tornado warning was in effect until 5:30 p.m.
Dave Hill said he saw the tornado from MidAmerica Bank.
"It was right above us, west and north of FireTree," said Hill. "It went back up in the cloud. I'd never seen anything like it."
The Signal will update this story as more information becomes available.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School baseball team warms up for big stage with 2-1 week
- Baldwin girls turn in defensive gem to earn road win at Louisburg
- Baldwin High soccer team turns season around with 2-game winning streak
- Confirmed mountain lion sightings rise in Missouri, Kansas
- Wildcats come back against Baldwin boys