Streetscape-Maple Leaf gold
We're glad to finally see some real movement with the Downtown Streetscape project. It's been a frustration for many.
There are still many unknowns, but now -- finally -- with a contractor identified that has submitted a workable bid on the $1.8 million project, we can at least begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's after years of talk and hope.
We're also pleased that the stipulation of working around the Maple Leaf Festival was added to the mix -- and accepted, evidently. That's been the biggest question all along. What would the downtown project do to Maple Leaf?
Who knows, maybe the weather will be wonderful, the contractor extra good and the project will be completed before October.
We can hope, especially for the 50th Annual MLF set for this year. It looks like it will be golden.
More like this story
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Palmyra Township board OK with Baldwin City annexation of shop, yard
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Baldwin school board approves raises for classified staff, adminstrators
- Study: Medicaid expansion would be budget neutral