Howard W. Christie
HOWARD W. CHRISTIE
Graveside services for Howard W. Christie, 78, Raytown, Mo., and formerly of Baldwin City, will be at 2 p.m. today at Oakwood Cemetery, Baldwin City. Mr. Christie died Sept. 9, 2006, at St. Mary's Manor, Blue Springs, Mo.
He was born Aug. 27, 1928, in rural Baldwin, the son of Ira E. and Blanch (Murphy) Christie. He graduated from Iola High School. He graduated from Baker University in 1950 with a degree in chemistry.
He worked for the Midwest Research Institute for more than 42 years. He had more than 250 career patents. He served in the U.S. Army as a medical assistant from 1950 to 1952 during the Korean War.
Survivors include two sons, Garrett, Raytown, Mo., and Samuel, Spokane, Wash.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials may be made to St. Luke's Heart Institute and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, PO Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases
- New Baldwin City Council members sworn in after old council approves sewer rate increase
- Baldwin City Council candidates state views, define themselves at forum
- Kansas: Plan to divert Missouri River water not feasible