Alice B. Lyman
ALICE B. LYMAN
Graveside services were held Tuesday for Alice B. (Morgan) Lyman, 72, Ottawa, at Highland Cemetery, Ottawa. Mrs. Lyman died Aug. 30, 2006, at Olathe Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 7, 1933, at Rantoul, the daughter of Russell H. and Alice B. (McNarie) Morgan, Sr. She graduated from Baldwin High School in 1951.
She married Marion C. Lyman, Feb. 14, 1952. They divorced.
She worked at Drake's Bakery, Ottawa, and King Radio, Ottawa, retiring in 1996. She was a member of the Lenexa Christian Center, Lenexa, and the Ottawa/Williamsburg Wildlife Club.
Survivors include one daughter, Janis A. Little, Ottawa, one sister, Dorothy Shannon, Ava, Ill., and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one son, James C. Lyman, two brothers, Charles and Russell, and two infant sisters.
Memorials may be made to the Alice B. Lyman Memorial Fund and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Box 14, Ottawa, KS 66067.
More like this story
- Wellness Festival returns Saturday to Baldwin City at Collins Center
- Annual Wellness Festival approaching
- Baldwin boys, girls race away with league track titles
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning