Bulldog runners defeated at opening meet
GARNETT -- For the first time in many years, the Baldwin High School boys' cross country team was defeated at its season opening meet here Thursday.
The Bulldogs took second to De Soto who scored 42 points, as opposed to Baldwin's 57 points at the Anderson County Invitational.
The BHS girls' team started the year off strong as it won the meet with 36 points. De Soto placed second with 43 points.
BHS sophomore Heather Garcia won the 4-kilometer race in a time of 15:16.07.
The Bulldogs next race at Wamego on Sept. 9.
More like this story
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Fort Riley adjusts entry procedures after I-70 traffic jam
- Shatner to ride through Kansas on Thursday
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Rail-trail program in central Kansas follows long road