Lawrence girl bitten when petting dog at festival
A 7-year-old Lawrence girl was hospitalized after being bitten on the face and arm by a dog at the Maple Leaf Festival, Baldwin Police Chief Mike McKenna said.
It happened around 2 p.m. Sunday near Sixth and High streets when the girl asked to pet a mixed-breed dog and the dog attacked her.
McKenna said the girl required 35 stitches and may need plastic surgery.
McKenna said the dog had been taken to a local animal hospital for observation Monday and it wasn't known whether the owner, who lives in Baldwin, would be cited. The dog was on a leash, he said.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Baldwin City Council told new sidewalk to BESIC to be completed by Aug. 1
- Baldwin City Council awards contract for U.S. 56/High Street realignment