Charles W. Hoffman
CHARLES WILLIAM HOFFMAN
Funeral services for Charles William Hoffman, 95, Lawrence, were Wednesday at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence. Mr. Hoffman died Oct. 7, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
He was born March 14, 1911, at Overbrook, the son of John Andrew and Flossie Ellen (Bragg) Hoffman. He farmed near Baldwin and Appanoose. In 1940, he moved to Yakama, Wash. and joined the U.S. Army in 1942, serving until 1944. He moved to Lawrence where he owned and operated a car repair business. He worked as a salesman and sales manager at Bill Bodine Lincoln Mercury and Winter Chevrolet, retiring in 1973. He was a member of the antique car club and the Worden United Methodist Church.
He married Mae Pippert March 8, 1933 at Worden. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Betty Wright and Charlotte Sparkes, both of Lawrence; five grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
Burial was at Worden Cemetery, Douglas County. Memorials may be made to Worden Cemetery or Palliative Care Unit, Lawrence Memorial Hospital and sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Box 1260, Lawrence, KS 66044.
More like this story
- Kansas House panel to consider consumption tax increases
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Kansas Senate plans to debate raising taxes to fix budget
- Kansas House panel passes bill to end business tax break
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases