Eileen F. Matousek
EILEEN F. MATOUSEK
Funeral services for Eileen Faye Matousek, 50, Mayetta, will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the First United Methodist Church, Belleville. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Mrs. Matousek died Oct. 1, 2006, at Midland Hospice, Topeka.
She was born Jan. 22, 1956, at Belleville, the daughter of Alfred Jr. and Phyllis (Anderson) Havel. She graduated from Hillcrest High School and Kansas State University with a degree in Bakery Science and Industry. She worked at Con-Agra in Omaha, Neb.
She married Carl Matousek Sept. 12, 1981. She taught piano lessons for more than 20 years and was a background musician in the Lawrence and Topeka areas. She worked part-time at the Topeka Public Library. She was a member of the World Wildlife Federation, Kansas Audubon Society, the International Suzuki Teaching Association and the Community Mercantile.
Survivors include her husband; her daughter, Kelcie M. Matousek, Mayetta; parents, Al and Phyllis Havel, Belleville; two sisters, Nita Newby, Whitewater, and Sharon Larrick, Baldwin City, and nieces and nephews.
Burial will be at Belleville Cemetery. A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Oct. 21, in Lawrence. Memorials may be made to the International Suzuki Teaching Assoc. or the Midland Hospice, Topeka, and sent in care of Bachelor-Faulkner-Dart-Surber Funeral Home, 1322 19th St., Belleville, KS 66935. Online condolences may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Firefighters climb stairs in Wichita to honor 9/11 crews
- Visitors flock to see sunflower sensation south of Tonganoxie
- Baldwin City girl injured at Maple Leaf Festival when fire-suppressant canister activates
- Baker gallery to feature campus life captured through PR director's lens