Campaign briefing: Sedgwick County D.A. blasts Kline
Here are today's headlines from the 2006 election race:
(AP) Sedgwick County DA denies Kline's statement: Atty. Gen. Phill Kline had nothing to do with a Sedgwick County case he has repeatedly used to defend an investigation that entangled him in a lengthy legal fight with two abortion clinics, the county's top prosecutor said Monday.
(KC Star) Kline takes paper to task: Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline on Monday criticized The Kansas City Star for a Sunday editorial that contained an error. During his campaign for re-election, Kline has cited numerous examples of criminals released from prison early because of a bill passed by the Legislature in 2000 that addressed prison overcrowding by readjusting some sentences.
2nd District Congress
(LJW) Boyda-Ryun matchup picks up steam: Does Democrat Nancy Boyda have a shot at defeating U.S. Rep. Jim Ryun in the 2nd congressional district race? On Monday, the campaign heated up as Boyda, of Topeka, and Ryun, a Republican from Lawrence, tangled over the airwaves during a radio debate and call-in show.
More like this story
- Campaign briefing: Sebelius wants control of school board
- Campaign briefing: Attorney general race heats up
- Campaign briefing: How did Morrison take AG's race lead?
- Campaign briefing: Will Sebelius serve her full term?
- Congressional briefing: BBC - Kansas election might hurt Brownback presidential bid