Sherrie Lynn Wood
SHERRIE LYNN WOOD
Funeral services for Sherrie Lynn Wood, 40, Baldwin City, were Tuesday at the First United Methodist Church, Baldwin City. Mrs. Wood died Nov. 25, 2006, at her home.
She was born Dec. 27, 1965, at Travis Air Force Base, Fairfield, Calif., the daughter of Donald R. and Ellen D. (McDaniel) Grammer. The family moved to Baldwin City in 1971. She attended grade school in Baldwin and graduated from Baldwin High School in 1984. She attended Baker University at Baldwin City.
She married Kevin D. Wood June 1, 1985, at Baldwin City. She worked in the mailroom at Baker University. She ran a daycare later and worked at the Earl May Garden Center in Lawrence, the Baldwin Ledger, Stephens Real Estate, Baldwin, and until recently was employed as departmental assistant with the Mass Media Communication Department at Baker University.
Survivors include her husband, two sons, Joshua and Jeremy, of the home; her mother, Ellen D. Grammer, Baldwin City; her father, Donald R. Grammer, Lawrence; three brothers, Michael Grammer, Eudora, Kevin Grammer and Matthew Grammer, both of Baldwin City, and maternal grandmother, Edith McDaniel, Baldwin City.
Her maternal grandfather, Howard J. McDaniel, and paternal grandparents, Samuel and May Grammer died earlier.
Burial was at Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Pleasant Grove. Memorials may be made to the Sherrie Wood Memorial Fund or the American Cancer Society and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Vinland F.C.E. issues call for Tuesday morning noodle makers
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke