Baldwin City resident taken by Life Flight after fall
One person was flown from Baldwin to a Kansas City-area hospital Sunday afternoon after falling from a horse.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical Battalion Chief Doug Green said the person's injuries were serious enough for medics to request a LifeStar helicopter ambulance.
Medics treated the injured person just before 3 p.m. at a Kwik Shop, 600 Ames St., in Baldwin, but the patient had been brought there from another location, dispatchers said.
Additional information was unavailable Sunday.
More like this story
- PAC available for Baldwin City community tornado shelter but users asked to follow rules
- Face to Face: Mark Whaley
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Man found guilty in Douglas State Fishing Lake aggravated robbery
- Baldwin City woman 2nd person charged in alleged attack at Douglas County State Fishing Lake