Donald A. Heim
DONALD A. HEIM
Memorial services for Donald A. Heim, 74, Lawrence, will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence. Mr. Heim died May 19, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence.
He was born Nov. 13, 1931, at Worden, the son of Fred and Mary Lucy (Barnes) Heim. He graduated from Baldwin High School in 1950. He served in the U.S. Army from 1951 to 1954 during the Korean War, stationed in Japan. He worked at Heifner Nursery, Topeka, and later at the University of Kansas Buildings and Grounds Department, Lawrence, retiring in 1994.
He was a member of New Hope Baptist Church, Lawrence, American Legion Dorsey-Liberty Post 14, AARP and the Lawrence Senior Center.
Survivors include two brothers, Kenneth, Shawnee, and Raymond, San Diego, Calif., and one sister, Florence Dodder, Baldwin City.
Visitation will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday until the service at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home. Burial with military honors will be at Oak Hill Cemetery, Lawrence. Memorials may be made to New Hope Baptist Church, Lawrence, or the American Cancer Society and sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, PO Box 1260, Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be sent www.rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas House panel to vote on freezing green energy mandate
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good