Erna K. Holmes
ERNA K. HOLMES
Memorial services for Erna K. Holmes, 97, Baldwin City, will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ives Chapel United Methodist Church. Mrs. Holmes died May 14, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born Nov. 25, 1908, at Worden, the daughter of William and Louisa (Young) Schwarz. She attended school in the Worden area.
She married Raymond D. Holmes May 5, 1932. He is deceased. They lived in Garden City, Lawrence and retired at Manhattan.
Survivors include two children, Deanna Marquette, Overland Park, and Deane Holmes, Prairie Village, four grandchildren and one great-grandson.
The family will receive friends after the service at the church. Inurnment will be at Memorial Park Cemetery, Lawrence. Memorials may be made to Ives Chapel or St. John's Church and sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, PO Box 1260, Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be sent to www.rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Baldwin school district to consider budget Aug. 3