Baldwin Junction wreck claims its second fatality
Laura Miller, the passenger in a car involved in the fatal April 29 accident at the Baldwin Junction, has also died.
Miller, 19, of Spring Hill, had been taken to Kansas University Medical Center in critical condition following the accident. She died there Monday. Jennifer Jamison, also 19 and from Spring Hill, who was driving the car was pronounced dead at the scene.
The accident occurred in the late afternoon April 29 when, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's office, Jamison was westbound on U.S. Highway 56, stopped at the stop sign and then pulled in front of a pickup being driven northbound on U.S. Highway 59.
The driver of the pickup is from Ottawa, but no additional details were released on him. He refused treatment at the scene.
It had previously been reported that the girls were both 20.
More like this story
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas secretary of state clerk sues over termination
- Hand-sewn quilt reflects history of Lecompton
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England