School board doesn’t renew Poplin’s contract
Long-time Baldwin School District Principal Allen Poplin's contract was not renewed by the Baldwin School Board at a special meeting Monday night. He was the lone administrator that wasn't renewed.
In a 6-1 vote, the board voted not to renew Poplin's contract. He has been with the school district since 1992 and has been principal at Baldwin High School since 2001. Previously, he was assistant principal at BHS.
The board has not commented on its reasons for nonrenewal and Supt. James White declined to elaborate.
"The board decided it was time for a change," said Board member Ande Parks.
Only Board President Lonnie Broers voted against the measure. All other administrators had their contracts extended for one year on a unanimous vote.
The Signal will have additional comments and other information in a story in this week's Signal.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Senate to consider tax increases to close budget gap
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives