Noble Scott Hopkins
NOBLE SCOTT HOPKINS
Memorial services for Noble Scott Hopkins, 77, Wellsville, were Wednesday at Wellsville United Methodist Church. Mr. Hopkins died March 10, 2006, at his home. His body was cremated.
He was born March 22, 1928, in rural Wellsville, the son of Lea and Elba (Fleck) Hopkins. He graduated from Wellsville High School in 1947.
He married Barbara Stiles June 3, 1951, at Baldwin City. She died in 1998. He married Jean Fenton Aug. 19, 2000, at Wellsville. She survives of the home.
Mr. Hopkins was a farmer and also worked as a groundskeeper for Johnson County Community College for 16 years before retiring in 1998.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Ronda Cary and her husband William, Olathe; two sisters, Janice Courtney, Osawatomie, and Mary Jess Myers, Hanover; two grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, first wife, two brothers, three sisters and a son David in 1957.
Memorial contributions may be made to Heart of America Hospice or Wellsville United Methodist Church and sent in care of Wilson's, PO Box 486, Wellsville, KS 66092.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Majority of Kansas precinct seats empty for both parties
- Baker Edition: University expands educational opportunities with Wetlands Discovery Center
- KanCare providers lose millions for 2nd straight year
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed