Town hall meeting scheduled for Wednesday
The long-awaited public meeting regarding the feasibility of recreational and other needs in Baldwin City will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday in room 100 of the Mabee Building on the Baker University campus.
Jeff King, a Ballard-King consultant hired by the city, school district and Baldwin City Recreation Commission, will present his initial findings in what some have referred to as a town hall meeting.
"Anyone and everyone interested should attend," said Monte Ezell, BCRC director. "Jeff King from Ballard-King and Associates has been working on a feasibility study for the project and he will be present to give us some preliminary data and to take input from the public at large about interest in the project before the final report comes out around April
"The project includes ball fields as well as 'dreams' such as an auditorium/performance center, meeting rooms, community center, senior center, etc." Ezell said. "The idea behind the meeting is to get some final idea about what to include in the 'wish list' so that we can determine what is really possible for our community."
More like this story
- Baldwin district to survey parents about increased in-town busing fee
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding