Funeral services for Margaret (Meg) Penny, 87, Lawrence, will be at 10 a.m. today at the First Church of the Nazarene, Lawrence. Mrs. Penny died May 28, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born Feb. 4, 1919, at DeQueen, Ark., the daughter of Joel W. and Ruth (Peaslee) Spence. She had lived in Lawrence since she was a child.
She was a checker for Kroger's Food Store and later a bank teller at the First National Bank, Lawrence. She was a member of the First Church of the Nazarene where she held several offices and taught Sunday school.
She married James C. Penny Dec. 3, 1936, at Lawrence. He died Sept. 17, 1997.
Survivors include four daughters, Barbara Brecheisen, Lawrence, Brenda Breithaupt, Lawrence, Carol J. Grant, Oskaloosa, Kathe Rhodes, Salmon, Idaho; a son, James, Beatrice, Neb.; a brother, Bernard Spence, Bay City, Texas; two sisters, Alta Slack, Springfield, Ohio, Beatrice Nehrbass, Parry; 22 grandchildren and 24 great grandchildren.
Burial will be at Memorial Park, Cemetery, Lawrence. Memorials may be made to the First Church of the Nazarene, Lawrence, or Heart of America Hospice and sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence, KS 66044. Online condolences may be sent to HYPERLINK "mailto:email@example.com" firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Penny.
More like this story
- Fireworks to add zest to Baldwin City's annual Festival of Lights
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- Vintage Park of Baldwin City to have annual open house, bazaar
- Baker Candlelight Vespers to return for 85th year