Funeral services for Clarice "LaVergne" Dillon, 84, Baldwin City, were Wednesday at Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Baldwin City. Mrs. Dillon died May 27, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born Jan. 31, 1922, at Lawrence, the daughter of Glenn and Opha (Baker) Flora. She graduated from Ottawa High School in 1940. She worked as a bookkeeper for Woolworth's in Ottawa from 1940 to 1946. In 1962, she worked at the Sale Barn Restaurant in Ottawa and became owner and operator from 1971 to 1981 when she retired.
She married Elvin E. Dillon Dec. 18, 1945, in rural Baldwin City. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Tom, Baldwin City, and Dallas, Modesto, Calif., and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and an infant sister.
Burial was at Washington Creek Cemetery, rural Douglas County.
More like this story
- Baldwin girls turn in defensive gem to earn road win at Louisburg
- Baldwin move to state semi-finals with 3-1 victory against Spring Hill
- Baldwin girls win soccer program's first-ever win against Piper
- Baldwin High School girls have undefeated week
- Baldwin High School soccer team falls short in two league matches