Candlelight vigil scheduled for Schroeder-Ebel
A candlelight vigil is scheduled for Shana Leigh Schroeder-Ebel, a Baldwin City resident who died Saturday. The vigil will be Friday at 7 p.m. at Baldwin Junior High School.
Schroeder-Ebel, 34, was visiting in Hutchinson Saturday when she died at the Hutchinson Hospital. Her parents live there. No cause of death has been announced.
"The Baldwin community lost a wonderful and amazing person this last weekend," said Dee Schneck. "Shana has touched so many lives in this community in so many different ways. She will be greatly missed."
Another friend, Mark Dunn, had similar words for Schroeder-Ebel.
"My family and I befriended the Ebels when we first moved to Baldwin in 1998," said Dunn. "This came as a terrible shock to all of us. Shana was one of the few people that always had a smile on her face, and she made it extremely contagious. She was a wonderful mother and mentor. This is a tragic loss, and many people in our community will be affected by her passing. My heart and prayers go out to her family."
Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday in Inman. A complete obituary is in today's Signal and available online.
More like this story
- Baldwin girls turn in defensive gem to earn road win at Louisburg
- Baldwin girls bull way into state title game with 67-42 win against Concordia
- Baldwin falls to Hugoton in state title game
- Baldwin girls finish strong, 'pumped' for post-season
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team