Letter to the Editor
To the editor:
The Baldwin Education Foundation wants to extend our many thanks to the
Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce and its Promotions Committee for hosting
the Meet and Greet fundraiser. With their support the event raised more than $2,500. Many thanks go to the Baldwin City Lion's Club for presenting an extremely generous surprise $1,000 check to the Foundation that evening.
The money directly funds Innovative Projects Grants. These 10 $500 awards will be presented though a competitive process to 10 Baldwin School District faculty members this fall. The faculty members will implement creative, unique projects in their classrooms next year. These grants are just one example of how the private dollars the Baldwin Education Foundation raises benefit the children of our district.
Our sincere thanks go out to those who attended and the Chamber for putting the event together.
Baldwin Education Foundation
More like this story
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Wildcats come back against Baldwin boys
- Baldwin girls finish strong, 'pumped' for post-season
- Baldwin girls turn in defensive gem to earn road win at Louisburg