Doris Clara Hopkins
DORIS CLARA HOPKINS
Funeral services for Doris Clara (Barton) Hopkins, 86, Centropolis, will be at 10 a.m. today at the Old German Baptist Brethren Church, Centropolis. Mrs. Hopkins died July 17, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born March 7, 1920, at Pratt, the daughter of Floyd and Lottie (Gish) Barton. Her family moved to eastern Kansas when she was young.
She married Arthur L. Hopkins March 7, 1947, at Pomona.
Survivors include her husband of the home; two sons, Kenneth, Greenville, Ohio, and Wayne, Overbrook; three sisters, Oella Edgecomb, Fern Brooks and Nina Flora; one brother, Merlin; four grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters, Nellie Frantz, June Kinsley, Martha Riffey; two brothers, Chester and Melvin.
Lamb-Roberts Funeral Home, Ottawa, is in charge of arrangements.
More like this story
- Shatner to ride through Kansas on Thursday
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Congregate meals to end after next month at Baldwin City Senior Center
- 11 seniors set to lead Baldwin High School football team's defense of league crown
- Baldwin City's Senior Wheels program needs volunteer drivers