Douglas G. Bowen
DOUGLAS G. BOWEN
Memorial services for Douglas G. Bowen, 78, Olathe, will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence. Mr. Bowen died Jan. 16, 2006, at CLC of Olathe.
He was born Feb. 22, 1928, at Baltimore, Md., the son of Ethel M. Bowen. He was a Veteran of the U.S. Army. He had Bowen Construction Co. in Lawrence for 15 years. He was a member of the Eagles Aerie Lodge No. 309, Alford-Clarke Post No. 852 of the VFW and Dorsey-Liberty Post No. 14 of the American Legion.
Survivors include one daughter, Vicki Kraus, Baldwin City, and two grandchildren.
Private inurnment will be held at Memorial Park Cemetery, Lawrence. Memorials may be made to the Douglas G. Bowen Memorial Fund and sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, PO Box 1260, Lawrence, KS 66044.
More like this story
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Goddard high school wins ecology award
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events