Friday wreck claims rural woman
The victim of Friday's fatal rollover accident about five miles south of Lawrence was Wanda Broadfoot, 54, of rural Baldwin.
Broadfoot lost control of a 1994 Dodge truck before she approached a curve on Douglas County Road 460 about two miles west of the Zarco 66 station on U.S. Highway 59, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
The accident investigation revealed that Broadfoot, the vehicle's lone occupant, was traveling west when she approached the curve to turn south. The truck's wheels then left the road to the north.
She lost control when she tried to correct course, and the truck entered a ditch on the east side of the road and rolled over. Broadfoot was ejected.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical workers pronounced her dead at the scene.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Kari Wempe did not identify Broadfoot Saturday afternoon, but a death notice listed her name and cited the accident as the cause of death.
An obituary on Broadfoot is on page A-6(?) of today's Signal.
More like this story
- Popular downtown venue newest Baldwin City park
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts