Bulldogs sweep Osawatomie
An extra day of waiting didn't hurt the Baldwin High School boys' and girls' basketball teams as they both defeated Osawatomie Wednesday night.
The girls' team struggled to hit shots, but found a way to hang on and beat the Trojans 39-38.
The Bulldogs only hit four of 20 shots in the second half.
Osawatomie hit a last second shot, hoping to tie the game, but the shooter stepped over the three-point line, making the shot worth two points.
BHS junior Kelsey Verhaeghe led the Bulldogs with 14 points.
The BHS boys took control of their game early on and never looked back as they won 62-49.
The Bulldogs led 32-23 at half and never let the lead slip in the second half.
BHS senior Aaron Hannon led Baldwin with 14 points. Fellow senior Ryan Jorgensen chipped in 12 points.
Both BHS teams next take the court Friday at home against Kansas City Turner. The girls start at 6:30 p.m. and the boys at 8 p.m.
Check the Signal's Web site for further updates.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars