Darl Dean Lewellen
DARL DEAN LEWELLEN
Graveside services for Darl Dean Lewellen, 78, Baldwin City, will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday at the Cameron Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Cameron, Mo. Mr. Lewellen died Dec. 3, 2006, at his home.
He was born July 26, 1928, at Turney, Mo., the son of Clifton J. and Jennie Ann (Strope) Lewellen. He attended schools in Turney.
He married Ruth L. Blosser Sept. 24, 1945, at Turney, Mo.
He worked at the Stockyards in Kansas City, Mo. He moved to Lawrence in 1964 and was a welder at US1 Chemical, De Soto. He moved to Toledo, Ohio, in 1970 and became operational manager at Coulton Chemical. He became plant manager at Cairo Chemical, Lima, Ohio, where he remained until his retirement in 1991.
Survivors include his wife of the home; four children, Judy Walters, Perry, Lynn Lewellen, Topeka, Gwen Tillisch, Blythewood, S.C., and Gary Lewellen, Baldwin City; two brothers, Clifton L. Lewellen, Jr., Cameron, Mo., and Robert Lewellen, Topeka; one sister, JoAnn Sjoberg, Mesa, Ariz.; four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Poland-Thompson Funeral Home, Cameron, Mo.
More like this story
- Kansas sets up voter fraud website
- Lawrence, Douglas County officials tap D.C. conference for low-level drug offense insights
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Feds: More conspirators may be added to drug cartel case
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown