Friday classes called off for school district
Supt. Paul Dorathy called off Friday's classes Thursday evening, because of the wintery conditions in the area.
After Dorathy canceled Thursday's schools, the predicted snow hit the area, which made the roadways worse. Baldwin, along with most area schools, will not be having classes Friday.
"The roads weren't very good to begin with, then the snow hit today," Dorathy said. "It's too hazardous for the buses and kids to be driving around out there."
City and county crews continue to treat the icy roads with sand.
The Signal's will update this story on-line as more information becomes available.
More like this story
- Douglas County commission waives bidding process for jail to seek out new medical service provider
- Congregate meals to end after next month at Baldwin City Senior Center
- Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging looks to partner with local business for new senior nutrition program
- Baker Edition: Baker graduate honored as Champion of Change
- Douglas County will create a public building commission