Friday classes called off for school district
Supt. Paul Dorathy called off Friday's classes Thursday evening, because of the wintery conditions in the area.
After Dorathy canceled Thursday's schools, the predicted snow hit the area, which made the roadways worse. Baldwin, along with most area schools, will not be having classes Friday.
"The roads weren't very good to begin with, then the snow hit today," Dorathy said. "It's too hazardous for the buses and kids to be driving around out there."
City and county crews continue to treat the icy roads with sand.
The Signal's will update this story on-line as more information becomes available.
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Douglas County to have townhall meeting on jail expansion